Thursday, July 10, 2008

You Shoulda Been Here...

and you would have seen this view from your balcony. For some reason this photo makes me think of Scotland (never been to Scotland so don't have a clue why I think that) or if I close my eyes I can hear Heathcliff looking for Kathy in the moors. But no, this is western Kentucky right across the Ohio River from the Bay City General Store and Hotel. And all I hear when I close my eyes is birds singing and an occasional fish jumping. No traffic, no horns, no sirens, no lawn mowers...........just total peace and quiet.

Can't you picture yourselves here with your hot cup of coffee, sitting in the swing on the balcony, nowhere to rush off to, a good book to read and the sounds of birds singing in the background? Looking across the river to the moors of Kentucky...........well that's a stretch, but not this morning. Give us a call at 618/683-4305 to reserve your slice of peace and quiet or check us out at www.baycitystoreandlodgingohioriver.com I know, it's a long name but it doesn't leave much doubt about what we are.

No comments: