Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Around the world...

I have been travelling in the Blog-World for quite a few months now...stumbled onto it quite by accident but it has been a fascinating trip. It doesn't require luggage, a passport or taking your shoes off for some airport safety inspection. All it requires is a computer, internet access, your favorite beverage and a comfy chair and you can go around the world in a matter of minutes. I'm an early riser so with my coffee in hand, keeping an eye on the sunrise here at the Bay City General Store, I visit blogs around the world and never have to take off my bunny slippers. There are blogs on every subject imaginable - I visit arts and crafts blogs, home decorating, entrepreneurial type blogs and blogs of stores that inspire me to do bigger and better things at my own little slice of paradise here in Bay City, Illinois. One of the blogs I visit on a regular basis is called Notes on a Cottage Industry and Tracey ( I say that like I know her --never met, but I feel like I know her) is hosting a Holiday Tour of blogs around the world. The tour starts tomorrow, December 19th. The Bay City General Store is going to join in on the fun so come back tomorrow and see how we celebrate Christmas in Bay City (sounds like a soap opera city doesn't it). What a misnomer -- City -- all 9 of us that actually live here think that's pretty funny. And by the way, we DO celebrate CHRISTMAS in Bay City, not Happy Holidays!

Hope to see you tomorrow and in the meantime Merry Christmas from all of us here at the Bay City General Store, even Talvin sends his best!

No comments: