Friday, January 2, 2009

Looking forward while looking back

When I was a little girl wishing for Christmas to hurry up and get here, my Granny would encourage me to not wish my life away. My Mom would tell me that as I got older time would go much faster. Of the many pearls of wisdom she offered me, I thought that was one of the dumbest (right next to one of these days you'll wish you WERE skinny again). I thought an hour is an hour whether I am 50 or 5! But once again she was right - where did 2008 go? Tempus fugit as my high school Latin teacher would say!

A new year brings new resolutions for the future. This year instead of resolutions I'm going with intentions so when my resolve vanishes I won't be quite so disappointed in myself. And I "intend" to do better on many fronts starting with the Bay City General Store Daily Ledger blog because there hasn't been anything daily about it, not even weekly and lately not even monthly. And it's not because there is nothing going on around here - every day is an adventure of some sort! So starting today I intend to post more frequently and to also leave comments on the many blogs into which I window peep. Then there's the whole healthy lifestyle changes (diet/exercise). That ought to be enough for starters.

If there is a photo above this posting you are seeing how the new year greeted us folks here at the Bay City General Store and Lodging. This is looking down the Ohio River from our view on the hill. If there isn't a photo above this posting then you should come and see the view in person by staying at the Bay City lodging. More info at www.baycitystoreandlodgingohioriver.com

No comments: