Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Elements are getting me down...

OK, I do not profess to be very computer savvy. I can do the basics and so far that has been good enough to do what I want to do. When I wanted to produce my own brochures I learned how to do desk top publishing. Now I want to do digital collages so everyone says to get Photoshop Elements and it is a piece of cake. Saying that is like giving someone directions and saying "you can't miss it." Kiss of death! I bought Elements, I bought Somerset Studios Digital Studio, I have tons of photos, graphics, and vintage ephemera. I pride myself on being able to follow directions............but this Elements stuff might as well be written in Greek.......layers, brushes, magic tools..............arrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhh! Just when I was about to give up I stumbled into this blog. Don't know how I got there but she has some wonderful graphics and she does really neat stuff with them besides just store them in a file somewhere. So I am encouraged to give this Photoshop Elements stuff another whirl and besides all that she's having a Valentine's Day Blog Party and I signed up. No gain in just tiptoeing around the edges, might as well jump all the way in.
Hope you'll stop by and leave a comment sometime.

No comments: